https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/252451-interchanging_source_target_positions_in_sdl_editor.html

Interchanging Source & Target positions in SDL Editor
Thread poster: svidyaj
svidyaj
svidyaj
India
Local time: 22:03
Japanese to English
+ ...
Jul 9, 2013

Hi All,

This question might seem silly but I wanted to know if there is any way I can move the source to the right and target to the left in the editor view. (SDL Trados 2011)

The reason is, when I am continuously translating in the editor where the source is on the left side, since reading the source takes time and concentration my left eye is paining a lot and hampering my work.

I am not getting this problem when I am not using SDL.

I thought
... See more
Hi All,

This question might seem silly but I wanted to know if there is any way I can move the source to the right and target to the left in the editor view. (SDL Trados 2011)

The reason is, when I am continuously translating in the editor where the source is on the left side, since reading the source takes time and concentration my left eye is paining a lot and hampering my work.

I am not getting this problem when I am not using SDL.

I thought that interchanging the positions might balance the stress on both eyes.

Did anyone else come across such problem??

Please help!
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:33
English
Not possible I'm afraid Jul 9, 2013

Hi,

Not a silly question, but this is only the second time I have heard this request and the first one had nothing to do with eye strain.

But I'm afraid this is not possible in the editor. It would be nice to have the flexibility to change the UI to this extent as well as being able to move all the windows around, but I'm afraid it isn't possible.

The closest we have to this at the moment is being able to export for external review where you can set the ro
... See more
Hi,

Not a silly question, but this is only the second time I have heard this request and the first one had nothing to do with eye strain.

But I'm afraid this is not possible in the editor. It would be nice to have the flexibility to change the UI to this extent as well as being able to move all the windows around, but I'm afraid it isn't possible.

The closest we have to this at the moment is being able to export for external review where you can set the rows one above the others rather than side by side. But this is really only for review and you would lose the benefits of translating in a CAT.

Perhaps in a future release we will extend the flexibility in this regard.

Paul
Collapse

svidyaj
svidyaj
India
Local time: 22:03
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jul 9, 2013

Thanks for the quick response Paul.
It is good to know that SDL support team is ready to take feedback and help users like us.

Looking forward for the new additions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interchanging Source & Target positions in SDL Editor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »