Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 07:07
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jul 9, 2013

Hi,

I was previously using Trados 2009. I remember Trados showing real time word counts in the Files View pane as well as Analysis Statistics with all fuzzy, no match and other categories without reanalyzing them.

With Trados 2011, I have noticed it is not happening. Either it is a bug or I am missing something or not doing something right. Especially, Analysis Statistics pane is not moving at all without reanalyzing the file or the project. Or, worse, has it always been like this and I remember wrong?

Reanalyzing becomes problematic with the large projects in terms of closing, analyzing, opening and saving. It wastes too much time in those.

Has anyone else come across this?

Any solution?

Thank you
Hakan

Déborah Essers-Jansen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:07
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
No solution, sorry Jul 9, 2013

Hi Hakan,

Unfortunately I don't have a solution, but I indeed have the same problem. I hope one of our colleagues is able to provide a solution, because it takes quite some time to perform analyses to keep track of my progress.

Let's see if someone can help us...

Regards,
Déborah

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
For realtime progress... Jul 9, 2013

... have you checked the Confirmation Statistic pane here?

This is updated as you work. So go to the Files View, select any/some/all the files and the statistics are shown based on current progress. The Reports tab is for a full analysis and this must be generated by a batch task when you want to see progress in this format.

But for normal progress through your work the Confirmation Statistics pane is adequate I think.

Regards

Paul

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 07:07
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I meant the next tab on the left Jul 10, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

... have you checked the Confirmation Statistic pane here?

This is updated as you work. So go to the Files View, select any/some/all the files and the statistics are shown based on current progress. The Reports tab is for a full analysis and this must be generated by a batch task when you want to see progress in this format.

But for normal progress through your work the Confirmation Statistics pane is adequate I think.

Regards

Paul

Hi,

I didn't meant the left Report tab. I had actually meant the tab on the immediate left of the tab you indicated. Analysis Statistics tab. It is very useful especially with the huge fuzzy counts for planning.

I tried again. Nothing changes in the Analysis statistics.

Was it like this in 2009? I remember a relatively large project with multiple HTML files. I was racing against time and remember (not vividly though) checking progress in the Analysis Statistics and/or in the pane above (which is same thing more or less anyway).

Thank you

Hakan

Déborah Essers-Jansen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
At the bottom right Jul 10, 2013

Unfortunately I'm not able to insert a screenshot, but you can see the realtime progress at the bottom right of the file (after opening it). In the 2009 version it was updated there, but in the 2011 version it isn't. At this moment I'm translating a pretty large file. According to the analyse I should still translate approximately 600 words. However, the Confirmation Statistics pane (as well as the progress indicator at the bottom of the file) says I have translated -14000 words...

The Analyse Statistics pane seems to indicate the right amount of words translated. But it seems like this used to be displayed at the bottom right in the 2009 version or am I mistaking?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Some clarification... Jul 10, 2013

@Hakan
I'm pretty sure it was the same in 2009. So you would have to run an analysis batch task to see the progress in there. The confirmation statistics has always worked realtime.

@Déborah
The little bit of information at the bottom right... this one:

Should update as you work. It does for me anyway. Perhaps there is a refresh issue with larger files... maybe?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem with realtime wordcount stats display in Trados 2011

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search