Thread poster: Alexandre Oberlin

Alexandre Oberlin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:52
English to French
+ ...
Jul 10, 2013

Hi all,

"Print preview" always had a very random behavior with me, though still better than "Save target" which almost never works. Today I could "Print preview" the file once. But then I made some edits and had the bad idea to rerun the Print preview in order to reflect the changes. From this point the Print preview would not work any more. Sometimes it is grayed out, sometimes it can be selected but nothing gets displayed in the browser. I tried changing the default browser, restarting Trados Studio, restarting the browser, manually deleting the preview file: no way.

The patience of the people who manage to work with that thing must be absolutely awesome.

Cheers

Alexandre

Châu Nguyễn  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 08:52
Member (2012)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Preview first and then Print Preview Jul 11, 2013

From my experience, I always have to generate a preview (clicking the preview tab located some where on your workbench ^^, If you don't see it go to menu View>Preview and click generate preview on the newly open window or tab) of my documents first before I can Print Preview it.

Give it a try. Hope this addresses your problem.

Alexandre Oberlin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:52
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nice try ;-) Jul 13, 2013

Thank you Châu for your suggestion. I reran the project especially to check it. First time the File>Print Preview... option was grayed out. I closed and reopen the file and then the File>Print Preview... was selectable. Selecting it however just opened an empty window in the browser.

I tried View>Preview as you suggested and got the following window:

TS11_View_Preview.png

Everything is disabled in this window so I could not attempt to generate a preview.

Maybe it is related to the warning I got with this file:

TS11_Warning_no_file_type.png

However the whole thing is very random. I often had this problem without this warning, and last time could display the preview (once) despite this warning.

Have a nice week-end,

Alexandre

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Business as usual: Print preview does not work

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search