Rutger Cornets de Groot
Rutger Cornets de Groot  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:08
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 11, 2013

Dear forum members,

My client provided me with a url to a remote TM that is structured as follows: gltm://...com:446/

I am trying to add this string using the "Add SDL Server" dialog box (under "Server-based Translation Memory" in the New Project wizard) but it responds with an error message, and I don't know which settings I should use for port number, user name and password, and whether or
... See more
Dear forum members,

My client provided me with a url to a remote TM that is structured as follows: gltm://...com:446/

I am trying to add this string using the "Add SDL Server" dialog box (under "Server-based Translation Memory" in the New Project wizard) but it responds with an error message, and I don't know which settings I should use for port number, user name and password, and whether or not to use a secure connection (SSL).

Does this depend on the individual server, or are there any general settings I can use?

Thanks,
Rutger
Collapse

Daniel Ernwein
Daniel Ernwein  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:08
English to French
Wordfast Aug 6, 2013

Your URL refers to a remote TM used by Wordfast. I am currently also checking if there is a way to use it in Studio, but so far, it doesn't work. I know that you would have to split the whole URL string into the different fields. Say your URL is composed like this:
gltm://A:B@C:D
- D (digits) are the port,
- C is the actual server address,
- A is the username
- B is the password

... See more
Your URL refers to a remote TM used by Wordfast. I am currently also checking if there is a way to use it in Studio, but so far, it doesn't work. I know that you would have to split the whole URL string into the different fields. Say your URL is composed like this:
gltm://A:B@C:D
- D (digits) are the port,
- C is the actual server address,
- A is the username
- B is the password

Now, I can't figure out how to get this to work in Studio. Importing those parameters doesn't seem to work, I keep having a communication error. Maybe Paul Filkin can help us.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:08
English
Just to close this question for now. Aug 6, 2013

Hi Daniel,

As we discussed off forum, the server connections in Studio are designed for Studio Servers. So this would be SDL GroupShare, SDL WorldServer and SDL TMS. In order to connect to someone elses server, which is perfectly possible, the owner/developer of that system would have to expose their API and then someone would have to develop a Studio plugin through the OpenExchange
... See more
Hi Daniel,

As we discussed off forum, the server connections in Studio are designed for Studio Servers. So this would be SDL GroupShare, SDL WorldServer and SDL TMS. In order to connect to someone elses server, which is perfectly possible, the owner/developer of that system would have to expose their API and then someone would have to develop a Studio plugin through the OpenExchange : http://goo.gl/3so5zz

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Add SDL Server" dialog box

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »