Studio 2011 - termbase message - no results avaiable
Thread poster: Daniel Weston

Daniel Weston  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:09
French to English
+ ...
Jul 13, 2013

Terms are recognized and indicated with a red line over them in the source column and I know they exist in the termbase, however, there's a message in the termbase box on the right saying "no results available" - does anyone know what could cause this?

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Juha Uusikartano  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:09
Member (2013)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Same issue here Jul 15, 2013

I have similar situation with my Studio 2011, red hashlines show in the source, but no results in the termbase window, and cannot get any search results with it. In my case the termbase in question came with a Studio package from a client.

I have been googling about this, but can only find some references to Multiterm issues when used with Trados 2007 and then Studio 2009.

Another unrelated result to above says there is some issue with Studio 2011 & Java that causes termbases not to work, but haven't been able to dig any deeper than that. So any help would be appreciated.

Daniel Weston wrote:

Terms are recognized and indicated with a red line over them in the source column and I know they exist in the termbase, however, there's a message in the termbase box on the right saying "no results available" - does anyone know what could cause this?



Direct link Reply with quote
 

Juha Uusikartano  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:09
Member (2013)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Solution? Jul 15, 2013

Ok, I have been able to solve my issue, I think. At least Termbase is working now.

Firstly, when I updated to Studio SP2, I apparently didn't update to Multiterm SP2, so I installed this. However, when I lauch the separate Multiterm Desktop, I immediately get a 'program stopped working' error. With a bit of googling, I Find this solution: http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?ArticleId=3884&source=article&c=12&cid=23#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3884

What this is saying, essentially, is that Canon Printer software makes some inccorect registry records which mess up Multiterm. So the solution is to remove the registry items as per the instructions. I did so, and then re-installed Multiterm SP2.

But I still get no response from termbase in Studio 2011. So now I change Java security settings from Control Panel -> Programs -> Java -> Security. Just move the slider to medium level (lowest), click apply and close the window. Launch Studio, and Now Termbase works alright!

Of course, it might be a major issue that you need to drop that security setting in Java? So if you don't have Canon printer software installed, and your Multiterm works alright, then try out the Java setting. I hope more knowledgeable people will comment about Java security - is lowering the security level bad idea?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Daniel Weston  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:09
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have Multiterm SP2 installed... Jul 16, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have SP2 installed!

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Juha Uusikartano  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:09
Member (2013)
English to Finnish
+ ...
How about Java? Jul 16, 2013

Ok Daniel, but did you try to set Java security at a lower level, and then try out termbase functionality in Studio?

Direct link Reply with quote
 

silence_deng
China
Local time: 06:09
Chinese to English
+ ...
hi, Daniel, have u solved ur problem? Nov 25, 2013

I met the same problem last night, and I solved it by resetting my widow layout.
Please click in the menu bar on View > Reset Window Layout
you can also consult the following link:
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?ArticleId=4451#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4451
Hope it will help....

Daniel Weston wrote:

Terms are recognized and indicated with a red line over them in the source column and I know they exist in the termbase, however, there's a message in the termbase box on the right saying "no results available" - does anyone know what could cause this?



[Edited at 2013-11-25 04:04 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-11-25 04:07 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ana Paula Rodríguez, CT  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you Apr 8, 2014

Thanks, silence_deng! Your solution worked for me.
All the best,
Ana


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 00:09
Member (2003)
English to French
Same problem, same solution Feb 18, 2015

Reset Window LAyout did the trick for me as well.
That means by the way that the bug is still present in Studio 2014 SP2 which I am using.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - termbase message - no results avaiable

Advanced search







Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search