Problems with return package in Trados Studio 2011 - help needed
Thread poster: EL Cavanaugh

EL Cavanaugh
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
Jul 14, 2013

I received a project package from the client and imported it. Since then I have been translating the project for a week but opening the 12 or so files from the directory where the files were imported when I originally imported the package. Now all the files are translated but I do not have the project package in the list of projects any more in Trados Studio. I should create the return package and also perform the batch task Target Translations. But when I now open the package which has all the files, the files are not translated. I tried to import all the files to the project TM and pre-translate the files but only part of them gets translated. How do I get the files in the package updated and d the requested tasks (create the return package, translate the target files)?

Lennart Luhtaru  Identity Verified
United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
Look where the imported project is Jul 14, 2013

When you first imported the package, you saved the project folder somewhere. Find it and then open this project in Studio. Then it will be added back to the project list.

EL Cavanaugh
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
I opened the original project - the files are not translated Jul 14, 2013

And when I try to pretranslate them with the existing memory (which has all the translated files imported to it), I get only a very partially translated files. I am not sure what to do. I have done this step before I posted the question here.

EL Cavanaugh
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
I created the new project and was able to do part of the requested task Jul 14, 2013

I created the new project with the TM and the translated files and then I was able to perform the Batch task to create the target translations. Create Return package option is still grayed out – how to do that?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with return package in Trados Studio 2011 - help needed

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search