Problem with saving final translated document (rtf file)
Thread poster: Jillian Pandor

Jillian Pandor
United States
Local time: 03:19
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 14, 2013

Hi all!

I just finished a pretty long translation and I went to save the final project to be able to open the word document of what I had translated and I keep getting an error message from Trados.

The message states: "error al guardarel contenido de destino: An erorr occurred while convertinf fields back to Microsoft Word Format:Possible Fields Deletion."

The first time I saved it a few minutes ago I had no problems and I could see the text that I translated into English (despite the fact that I got the same error message), but now I've saved the final project to open up the English version and all I see is the Spanish text. I cannot seem to get my English version to save!!

Can someone please help me???

I don't understand the error either because I am saving the document as an rtf and I'm not trying to convert it back to a word.

Thanks SOOO much in advance!
Jillian

Victor Muruet  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:19
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
correct errors Jul 15, 2013

Hi Jillian

I was trying to find a solution to your problem. I am not sure if this might help, but probably it has to do with correcting errors in your tags (from memory it might be with shoiftF8, but don't quote me on this one), once the erros are corrected you might be able to save the final project. I hope this helps.

Victor

Jillian Pandor
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS!! Jul 15, 2013

Hi Victor!!

Thanks so much for your reply! I actually am using a Mac and am working from a Virtual Machine so I have no "F" keys or commands (I know...I need to get a new windows computer).

Anyway, I wanted to let you know I found another post that actually worked out the issue!

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/245402-cannot_export_back_translation_done_in_trados_into_word.html

Thanks again for your help!

Jillian

Victor Muruet  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:19
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My pleasure Jul 15, 2013

Not a problem Jillian
And thank you for sharing the post that solved your problem, I'l keep that in mind. If there's anything I can help with, I am an email away.

Hasta pronto
Victor

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:19
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Save in same format as source Jul 15, 2013

As I understand it you tried to save the translation in rtf, when the source file was doc or docx? This will never work. Why in rtf anyway? doc or docx deliver much smaller files.

Jillian Pandor
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More complications... Jul 15, 2013

Hi Heinrich!

I actually saved it as an rtf because originally I was getting an error when trying to open my project with a normal word document (and I has followed the instructions for changing my "twin mark" settings). So when I finished the project and I went to save it as the final translated document it automatically was going to save it as an rtf since that was the file type I opened the project with.

But now...I'm having another problem (I've had the worst luck with Trados for the last day). Now I'm working on an excel document and I went to save the final version of the project in English and it gives me an error saying it can't be saved because the original document was deleted...which isn't the case.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem can be??

Thanks!!
Jillian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with saving final translated document (rtf file)

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search