https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/252814-when_adding_files_trados_says_%22the_project_must_include_at_least_one_translatable_file%22.html

When adding files Trados says "The project must include at least one translatable file"
Thread poster: Janka Havlickova Credence s.r.o.
Janka Havlickova Credence s.r.o.
Slovakia
Local time: 11:28
German to Slovak
+ ...
Jul 15, 2013

Hello,

I have just created a project in SDL Trados Studio 2011 and added files to be translated, .doc files, and Trados says "The project must include at least one translatable file". Can you help me with that?

Thank you very much

Janka

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Can you Clarifiy Jul 15, 2013

Hi Janka,

Can you tell me what you're trying to do exactly? Have you already created a project and trying to add new files to a project or just adding files to a project?

Cheers,

Bernard

Thao Phuong Thi Pham
Thao Phuong Thi Pham
Vietnam
Local time: 16:28
English to Vietnamese
Have trouble with process Jul 16, 2013

Maybe you get trouble with project processing, can you specify the process to create a project so I can know which point has trouble, because this message usually appears to the case that your file is not compatible with Trados, but .doc file has no trouble.

Slovakia
German to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Adding new files to a project Jul 16, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

Hi Janka,

Can you tell me what you're trying to do exactly? Have you already created a project and trying to add new files to a project or just adding files to a project?

Cheers,

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

thank you very much, I am trying to add files to the created project. In my folder I could see that the files I want to add are .doc files, but obviously they were not - I had to change them and then it worked with the adding. I am always stressed when something like this appears - I am only a common user and can not solve such a problems.

Thank you very much for your help

Janka

joshaohua
joshaohua
China
it's possibly setting problems. Jul 19, 2013

Janka Havlickova Credence s.r.o. wrote:

Hello,

I have just created a project in SDL Trados Studio 2011 and added files to be translated, .doc files, and Trados says "The project must include at least one translatable file". Can you help me with that?

Thank you very much

Janka

The original document may contain some additional attatched formats as trados regards it as a reference document. If you fail modifying the document type when adding files, open "tools"in the menu, then"options", in the left column, choose Microsoft word 1997-2003 or the corresponding file type, in "general", make sure the last option is checked (or check some options above it). I have solved the same problem a few days ago! If it not work, try to save the original file as docx format then try again. I hope this will help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When adding files Trados says "The project must include at least one translatable file"

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »