Trados QA Checker is not working properly?
Thread poster: cross8308

cross8308
South Korea
Local time: 04:47
English to Korean
+ ...
Jul 18, 2013

Ok..So I may have made some errors on Trados, as I'm still new to this.

But here's my question.

When I set the QA checker to detect punctuations, so that the source and target ends with the same punctuation, check trademarks, etc. It does not seem to work.

So I checked the pro-z forum to actually open the project and set so it shows up in the option, but still doesn't work.
I tried setting the option without opening the project as well, but it still does not work.

Also, when I let it check for trademark characters, it cannot detect them as well.

The trademarks were added via indesign glyphs.

Is this a Trados bug, or is Trados just not that compatible with adobe indesign IDML files?

Could anyone help me out here?

Thank you

tokyobritish
Japan
Japanese to English
+ ...
Please clarify Jul 19, 2013

What languages are you working in?
Can you post some example text?

cross8308
South Korea
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Languages and Sample Text Jul 19, 2013

The company I work for is working in approx 40+ Languages, but the error is happening in all the languages.

Here's a sample text.
(From EN to TR)

EN: The available capacity may change when you upgrade the device.
TR: Cihazı yükselttiğinizde mevcut kapasite değişebilir.

When I delete the period in the target sentence, confirm and then run Verification, in a perfect world, Trados should be able to detect the punctuation difference.

But when I run it, it does seem to catch all the other errors like "Target and source is identical", "Target was confirmed without corrections", etc.

But that TU, I know the puncuation is wrong, as I did so deliberately, no warnings show up.

Could anyone give me some answers to what's going on?

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:47
English to French
+ ...
QA Checker Jul 19, 2013

Hi,

I've noticed it too and sent Paul a couple of examples where QA Checker doesn't find discrepancies across files, I'd say it's buggy. I use Xbench v2.9 does a much better job.

HTH,

Bernard

tokyobritish
Japan
Japanese to English
+ ...
Settings Jul 20, 2013

Is it a Perfect match?

Did you check the settings in Segments to Exclude?

cross8308
South Korea
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Segments Jul 22, 2013

tokyobritish wrote:

Is it a Perfect match?

Did you check the settings in Segments to Exclude?

My company has not been using perfect matches, as we get constant feedback from our client to update the sentences.

I'm most likely assuming that it's a trados bug...And hopefully Trados comes up with a patch for it...
Or implement a better QA checker tool...

tokyobritish
Japan
Japanese to English
+ ...
Regex Aug 7, 2013

Why don't you try using a regex check on it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados QA Checker is not working properly?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search