Studio 2011 SP2: "Internal error when cleaning tags" after adding bold
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 18, 2013

In the file I'm currently translating I sometimes cannot add bold text when I need it. There's no system to it: in some segments it's added without problems, in others, Studio displays "Internal error when cleaning tags" when I try to confirm the segment. I cannot understand this: how can a properly closed tag pair inside a segment (not even on a boundary) cause a tag error?

Has anybody encountered this? Any fixes? Google search didn't help.

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update: I have error details in an XML file Jul 19, 2013

I have saved error details reported by Studio in an XML file in case anybody from SDL Support is interested.

Patricia Veghelyi
Patricia Veghelyi
Austria
Local time: 07:38
English to German
+ ...
Tag cleaning problem with bold/subscript Jun 5, 2015

Dear Artem,

I've had it just a few minutes ago, however with subscript in a chemical denotation (e.g., NO4).
I simply added the same denotation within the same sentence, but somewhere else, then it worked (after deleting the first denotation with the problem), I could close the segment and work on the next one.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 SP2: "Internal error when cleaning tags" after adding bold

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »