Studio 2011 can't see tags any more
Thread poster: Sian Cooper

Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:12
French to English
+ ...
Jul 18, 2013

Hi, I hope I'm not just being very dim. I have been happily working with Trados tags, but something seems to have changed in my settings or some such, and I can't find it. It began with my previous project, which I thought must just be relative to something strange about that file; but my new project has the same problem.

There are tags in there, because the QA checker tells me I've moved them or deleted them or whatever. Trying the different tag view formats makes no difference. I can only see the text.

The only difference I can think of is that I have started using some of the Include tags options in the QA settings, but I really do not see how that can change the view.

This file is a PDF; my previous project was a Word doc.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 03:12
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Check the options Jul 18, 2013

Under Tools > Options > Editor make sure that the setting 'Formatting Display Style' is set to 'Show all tags but don't show formatting' or 'Show all formatting and tags'.

Then make sure that the tag display icon (the geometric blue shapes in one of Studio's toolbars) is set to the desired setting (no tag text, complete tag text, tag ID).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 can't see tags any more

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search