Studio 2011 can't see tags any more
Thread poster: Sian Cooper

Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:08
French to English
+ ...
Jul 18, 2013

Hi, I hope I'm not just being very dim. I have been happily working with Trados tags, but something seems to have changed in my settings or some such, and I can't find it. It began with my previous project, which I thought must just be relative to something strange about that file; but my new project has the same problem.

There are tags in there, because the QA checker tells me I've moved them or deleted them or whatever. Trying the different tag view formats makes no difference. I can only see the text.

The only difference I can think of is that I have started using some of the Include tags options in the QA settings, but I really do not see how that can change the view.

This file is a PDF; my previous project was a Word doc.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 07:08
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Check the options Jul 18, 2013

Under Tools > Options > Editor make sure that the setting 'Formatting Display Style' is set to 'Show all tags but don't show formatting' or 'Show all formatting and tags'.

Then make sure that the tag display icon (the geometric blue shapes in one of Studio's toolbars) is set to the desired setting (no tag text, complete tag text, tag ID).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 can't see tags any more

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search