Suggestion for next release: NOT jumping to the next unconfirmed segment when confirming a segment
Thread poster: laure_sim

laure_sim
Local time: 16:56
English to French
Jul 19, 2013

Hi. I use SDL Studio quite often and there's something which is annoying very much when reviewing my own translation: it would be nice if the cursor didn't jump to the next unconfirmed segment when i confirm a segment (or didn't change a 100% in CM segment when the cursor is in it, for that matter).
It's ok if it's a few hundred words file, but when it comes to a few thousand words and that i have to review every single segment because it's my own translation, but always have to come back several segments backward, then it becomes very, very, very annoying. Couldn't you fix that in the next release? SDLX didn't do that.
Or if it is already possible to avoid that, please tell me which setting to change. I've looked everywhere and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Marco Oberto  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
CTRL+ALT+ENTER Jul 19, 2013

laure_sim wrote:

it would be nice if the cursor didn't jump to the next unconfirmed segment when i confirm a segment

Or if it is already possible to avoid that, please tell me which setting to change. I've looked everywhere and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

You can confirm a segment and move to the next one (instead of moving to the next unconfirmed) by pressing CTRL+ALT+ENTER

laure_sim
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
So simple. Jul 19, 2013

Thank youicon_smile.gif

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hmm... Jul 19, 2013

This would mean moving manually through the whole document instead of saving time with the automation function...

To change your options, you should go to tools - options - editor - autopropagation, and check the options you need there:
Enable auto-propagation (or no)
If yes, then starting from the next segment in the document, or from the first segment etc.

Also, you can use the screen filters in editor to show|hide certain types of segments:
Display:
100% matches
fuzzies
draft
with/without tracked changes
confirmed/unconfirmed
locked/unlocked
etc etc etc

Hope this helps.

laure_sim
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Natalie, but... Jul 19, 2013

... but Marco gave me the key combination i had been looking for a while (and i have tried some, but not this one apparently). But thanks anyway.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Sure Jul 19, 2013

Just wanted to remind you about many other existing options which often are very useful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion for next release: NOT jumping to the next unconfirmed segment when confirming a segment

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search