Kaori Kawakami  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:20
Member (2015)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Jul 20, 2013

Hello everyone,

Well, I have discovered that when clients send me files in ttx and I convert work on them with my Trados 2011. After completing the work (100%), I save as ttx and close the file. Then, when I open the saved ttx, it is not 100% completed. I mean, they are all translated, but some segments are de-confirmed (no check marks on the pencil mark) and even at the bar at the bottom shows that it is not 100%.

This is what I have recently found, so I must have kept sending those 'incomplete' files to clients.

(The strange thing, though, is no clients have ever mentioned/complained about this 'incomplete' files, so I am wondering it is just when I open ttx files with my computer. )

I also found the solution for it. If I do: complete the work > save as ttx > open the 'incomplete' ttx > confirm all the 'unchecked' segments > save it again. But this is redundant, and when the number of files are high, I certainly do not want to do all this.

Does anyone have same problem? Is there any trick/tip to save 100% ttx in one-go?

Please share your tips!!

Thank you very much in advance.

K

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:20
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
My best guess is... Jul 20, 2013

... that you are opening two different TTX files: the 1st one that you save somewhere at your disk when you receive it from your client, and the 2nd one that is in the target folder in your Studio project. The ready file is always in the target project folder, while the file initially saved will always remain untranslated unless you overwrite it with the translated one.

Brazil
Member (2015)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply Jul 20, 2013

Thanks, Natalie,

But I usually overwrite it by selecting the file which I saved in the folder I created when receiving the project.

Thank you for your response, though.

K

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:20
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
In this case Jul 20, 2013

I have no other ideas what could happen...

Brazil
Member (2015)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Natalie Jul 20, 2013

Thank you, Natalie, for your attention, though!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When saving 100% completed file as ttx, but open incompleted

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search