Package Import Error: Path/file name too long
Thread poster: Rifka McClure

Rifka McClure  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 15:58
German to English
Jul 23, 2013

I am attempting to open a package in Studio 2009 and receive the error message "The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters" and this message persists despite my renaming and moving around the package to various locations. I am new to Trados and imagine this has an obvious solution, but I don't know it!

I would welcome any help or advice on this subject - thankyou in advance.

Rifka.

Australia
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Just found older forum posts on this topic - sorry Jul 24, 2013

My apologies to all - on trying different search terms I have found many older discussions on this topic. Unfortunately none of the suggested solutions have helped me, but at least I am comforted to know that I am not alone!

Rifka.

Australia
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Further problems with long file/path name Jul 29, 2013

Having, by circuitous methods, opened the package and translated my file, I am now unable to create a return package (option not available), save target as ("unable to find file" error) or export or finalize my translation ("file/path name too long"). This is despite renaming, moving directories and trying every suggestion I have seen anywhere. As this is now happening with every project from a new client - except the first one! - it is becoming a serious issue and I would welcome any suggestions at all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Package Import Error: Path/file name too long

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search