Coincidence of equal terms and phrases and statistics
Thread poster: Gulnara Krokhaleva

Gulnara Krokhaleva  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:10
Member (2013)
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Jul 24, 2013

I am asking myself if it is possible to analyze for example 2 more or less equal documents which were not translated before and to count equal terms and phrases and then to make some kind of statistics or report of how many 100% matches or fuzzy matches I will have.
Thank you very much.

[Edited at 2013-07-24 07:45 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:10
Russian to English
+ ...
Why would you be doing this? Jul 24, 2013

What is a fuzzy match after all-- it is a vague enough term even if we are dealing with one document. In documents and legalese in general noting is fuzzy of vague. If it is fuzzy --it is simply the wrong term. Even an article may change the meaning of a phrase.

I think it may be possible to find exactly the same phrases -- like column titles in two different documents, using certain CAT tools.If it is a form-- you may count all the words in the empty form, before you fill it out with another content using word count.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Coincidence of equal terms and phrases and statistics

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search