Docx file with html tags
Thread poster: wooligan

wooligan
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:25
English to Russian
Jul 24, 2013

There's a docx file with a text mixed with fragments from HTML file.

The problem is to parse HTML tags in SDL Studio Editor, which doesn't seem to recognize any of them. See the pic: .

Is there any way to automatically parse and protect these tags?

Thanks in advance!

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:25
English to French
+ ...
Link Jul 24, 2013

Hi,

This issue has been raised in other posts, see link below, is for an Excel file but you should be able to fix it for Word as well:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/245896-embedded_html_in_xlsx_file.html

HTH,

Bernard

wooligan
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Embedded content Jul 24, 2013

Thanks, Bernard

Followed this instruction step by step: http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL%20Trados%20Studio/client_en/SDL_Trados_Studio_Help.htm#File_Types/Configure_EmbedCont_in_XML_Files.htm

But still, something went wrong as tags didn't go away:

Any suggestions, ideas?

English to French
+ ...
Dum Question Jul 24, 2013

Have you reimported the file after changing the rules?

Bernard

wooligan
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Dum answer Jul 25, 2013

Yes, I did, actually.

Also, it seems that I took the wrong path and .docx files have nothing to do with XML file type.

In the thread about embedded HTML in an Excel document the rules were added in the "Embedded content" page for MS Excel filetype (which wasn't clear for me first), while MS Word filetype tree doesn't have such page:

Looks like the same trick doesn't work for Word.

wooligan
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
? Jul 25, 2013

UPD: Tried to open for translation a random .htm file and the tags are not parsed again:

I get the idea that I don't understand something fundamental about Trados.

English to French
+ ...
Jul 25, 2013

[Edited at 2013-07-25 16:23 GMT]

wooligan
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Conclusion Aug 1, 2013

OK, I gave up and switched to MemoQ/DJV as was suggested here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/245896-embedded_html_in_xlsx_file.html#2114137.
Both of the products managed to parse the tags, not all of them, but pretty much the most part. Did it with a few clicks, by the way.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
The problem... Aug 1, 2013

.... is that the docx filter does not have an embedded content component. This is only possible using excel or XML at the moment. Your screenshots are also very confusing because you seem to be trying to change the settings for one file type and then opening another... at least I'm confused!

The only way to handle files like this using Studio is to either copy the html parts to a separate file and handle as html files then copy/paste back afterwards... or use a search/replace in Word to hide the tagging and then handle as a Word file.

The latter may be easier depending on the content and how clever you can get using Words regex capability : http://goo.gl/uVpHOH

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Docx file with html tags

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search