Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:04
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jul 25, 2013

G'day everyone

I could not stay for the entire presentation about Studio yesterday (or was it the day before), but I did pop in now and then, and at one stage I saw what looked like the Trados GUI, and... no ribbon. So, did I just happen to look when Trados 2011 was on the screen, or is there actually no ribbon?

Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Much Talked About but Ain't Seen Nothing Yet Jul 25, 2013

Hi Samuel,

I think it sums it up, just a PPP with no real info. I had 1 question whether it was a true 64-bit app, makes a difference when running Win 7/8 (64-bit) - no answer - one more early-bird version as for 2011, apparently not available yet!
Release scheduled end of September

Cheers,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-07-25 21:14 GMT]

NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
the ribbon is a matter of the build compilation of SDL Trados 2014 Jul 26, 2013

Samuel Murray wrote:
aw what looked like the Trados GUI, and... no ribbon. So, did I just happen to look when Trados 2011 was on the screen, or is there actually no ribbon?
[/quote]

They actually said that the build they used for the demo was "without the ribbon".

[Edited at 2013-07-26 10:54 GMT]

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Alignment Jul 26, 2013

Hi,

Here's the link to the new alignment tool: http://www.translationzone.com/video/2014-prelaunch-alignment/39084

Cheers,

Bernard

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Sounded like some decent features... Jul 27, 2013

Well, two returns to decent 2007 features.

Simple analysis, without having to open a project up
Concordance suggestion appear automatically

May have been more, I wasn't paying maximum attention. Oh, ability to open Wordfast etc files

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:04
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Are you still limited to five languages with the freelance version? Jul 27, 2013

I need six (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German and French) and that would be terrific news.

For my own personal use (on the rare occasions I use Trados), I just tell Studio 2011 that the Portuguese document is Spanish, but this prevents me from taking on any Portuguese to English jobs that require Trados.

kostan
Austria
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Failry boring sales spiel Aug 3, 2013

I suffered through the whole lot, hoping that a little more than just "Alignment" was on the books. There was regrettfully little else (automatic concordance serarch - so what)! Really helpful little things such as as floating "find/replace" etc. still seem to be missing.
My comment at the end was: Very agency-heavy, not much in it for translators!
And yet, I will get it for the very simple reason that 2007 will no longer be supported and I suppose some (many?) agencies might skip 2011 and move on to the latest version.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014... now that you've seen it, tell us about it

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search