Script Error MultiTerm 2007
Thread poster: Meio
Meio
Austria
Jul 25, 2013

Hi!

I've experienced a strage script error with MultiTerm and I couldn't find any solution here, nor anywhere else (SDL KB, Google etc.)

Everytime I try to add a Term in a old or new Database I get the following Error-Message: (I get it in German, so it may be a little different in English)

"An Error has occured in the script on this page.
Line: 57
Char: 2
Error: Unable to get property 'isActive' of undefined or null reference.
Code: 0
URL: file: ///C:Program%20Files%20(x86)/SDL%20International/MultiTerm%202007/Editor/script/main.js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes or No"

Clicking Yes or No doesn't make any difference. The Error-Message closes but I still can't add any Terms.

I use MultiTerm 2007 on a windows 8 machine. I didn't make any Java-Update or so before the error started showing up.

What I tried so far:
- Manually registering the jscript.dll (like described in SDL KB #4026, describes a different error, also regarding a javascript error message)
- Removing ALL Java versions and reinstalling it (tried to get Java via just opening MultiTerm, but got an message that it is only optimized up to Windows XP, tried it anyways got the Error: theat it couldn't find the installation file - So I downloaded Java from java.com)
- Tried to import old Term Bases from a backup - got the Error: An invalid character was found in text content - although I could import that file when I was setting up the pc.

At the moment I am really without a clue, does anyone of you has any idea?

BR

Direct link Reply with quote

Meio
Austria
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Aug 1, 2013

Hi!

I found a solution myself, maybe it also helps someone else.
It's so easy that I didn't even try it out in the first place...

Just run Trados/Multiterm as an administrator or try to run it with another user.

I still don't have a clue what is wrong, nor why this solution worked, but yeah it did!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Script Error MultiTerm 2007

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search