Can´t save target document. HELP!!! STUDIO 2011
Thread poster: Noelia Ruiz Pérez

Noelia Ruiz Pérez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:53
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
Jul 25, 2013

I am going mad here. I have just translated a Word file and while saving as target, I get this error:

Etiqueta

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:53
French to English
+ ...
Save the Word file in a different version? Jul 25, 2013

Just a thought, but sometimes (at least with Studio 2009), it's worth saving the Word file in a different version, i.e. Word 2007/2010 saved as Word 2003 and make sure the new source file is in the folder (but not open) where you are trying to save the target file. This has solved the problem for me on a number of occasions, so it might be worth a go.

Good luck!

Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 25, 2013

Hi Claire,

Thanks! I did that. Saved as Word 2003 (original file Word 2007-2010), and is in the same directory. But is not working.

: (

Trinh Do  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2007)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
More details? Jul 25, 2013

Is it possible that the file has tracked changes? These can cause problems in Trados. Just a thought, but I'm not sure.

Ana Dumancic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Spanish to Croatian
+ ...
Tags Jul 25, 2013

It is a very common occurrence in Trados Studio. However, the best solution might be to save and confirm your memory in the document as is. Then take the word. COpy paste to a new document under a different name. Open that document. Select the memory where you saved the segments and start again. The segments from the memory will appear as 100% matches or have the CM symbol. This does take a bit more time but its usually the only solution. Let me know if it helped.

Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Original post not complete Jul 25, 2013

Ah, I can see the original post is not complete!

The error I get is   " Etiqueta

Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Will try! Jul 25, 2013

Ana Dumancic wrote:

It is a very common occurrence in Trados Studio. However, the best solution might be to save and confirm your memory in the document as is. Then take the word. COpy paste to a new document under a different name. Open that document. Select the memory where you saved the segments and start again. The segments from the memory will appear as 100% matches or have the CM symbol. This does take a bit more time but its usually the only solution. Let me know if it helped.

This I haven´t try, and will do right now! Will let you know if it works! (fingers crossed)

Spain
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Working partially Jul 25, 2013

It is working partially. Most segments (with tags) seem to be OK. A few, I need to retranslate because the tags are not the same and the program "complains".

However, I think I can manage and I can save, so far, as target, so A BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can´t save target document. HELP!!! STUDIO 2011

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search