Trados 2011 shortcut to save and close ttx files
Thread poster: Tina Hart

Tina Hart  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:29
Spanish to English
Jul 25, 2013

I'm working on a project with over 1400 ttx files (!!!) with only about 20 words in each file and most of my time is spent on saving and closing each file after editing it.

It lists the shortcut for saving "save target as" as CAPS + F12, but this saves as an sdlxliff file and I need to save as TRADOstag / ttx.

Does anyone know a shortcut that will work?

Direct link Reply with quote

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Use the 'merge files' feature before you start Jul 26, 2013

I don't know of a shortcut, but in your place I would start a whole new project using the 'Merge Files' feature and the TM with any files you have already translated.

Check it out in 'Help' to be sure you do it correctly, but it would certainly be worth trying. I find it makes it much easier to proofread and edit your files as well.

You might want to make several groups or sections and merge groups instead, if you have so many files.

When you set up the project, add a folder instead of all the individual files, and you will then see an option to Merge Files if you select the folder.

I have never tried it with more than one folder, but I have successfully used this feature with one folder. It might work, or you might have to set up a project for each folder.

Then when you open the file(s) for translation, they are all opened as a single document, and you move seamlessly from one to the next.

Finally, when you are satisfied, you Save target as... and all your files will be saved as .ttx with the translation.

Hope that helps!

[Edited at 2013-07-26 07:49 GMT]

Tina Hart  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
Excellent! Jul 26, 2013

Brilliant, that works perfectly. Thank you so much Christine, you've just saved me hours!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 shortcut to save and close ttx files

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search