Inserting terms from Multiterm in Studio 2011/2009
Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:26
German to English
Jul 25, 2013

I use extensive term bases to save time and ensure consistency when translating. And I love the way that while I'm typing Studio will check the attached term base and offer the possibility to "autoinsert" it, so to speak, while I'm typing.

The problem seems to be, that once the term has been inserted it will no longer be recognised for that segment. This can be a pain if a term comes up several times in a longer segment. Admittedly, I already have the benefit of having the term already inserted in the segment so I don't have to look it up again. But I'd like this autoinsert-while-you-type option offered for every instance of the term (like in memoQ). Especially if it is a complicated or long term where I would prefer to avoid having to type it several times to get it right (I'm not the world's greatest typist so every helpful aid is welcome).

Does anyone know a way around this problem?

Nienke Hulzebos  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
This should work in 2011 Jul 25, 2013

Hi Nick,

Can you try and untick the box 'Hide suggestions which have already been used' in Tools > Options > AutoSuggest?

That should avoid the term not being shown for other instances of that same term after you've used it once already in a segment.

I'm not sure if this option is available in 2009, but it is in 2011 (just checked).

Hope that helps!

Nienke

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
AutoSuggest Jul 25, 2013

Hi Nick,

Under Options -> AutoSuggest, should list AutoSuggest, AutoText and Termbases, uncheck Hide suggestions which have already been used. I think this issue has already been raised and is probably a bug in Multiterm but can't find the post right now.

HTH,

Bernard

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
That works! Jul 25, 2013

Thanks Bernard! This has been bugging me for ages! Hopefully this useful tip will help plenty of others with the same problem (at least until this thread gets lost in the depths of ProZs old queries).

Also thanks to Nienke for the same suggestion (which was obviously posted at the same time as Bernard's but wasn't showing at the time I made my earlier response)

[Edited at 2013-07-25 21:00 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inserting terms from Multiterm in Studio 2011/2009

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search