Trados error messages: Object reference not set to an instance of an object / TM Update failed
Thread poster: Margaret Stewart Fisher

Margaret Stewart Fisher
France
Local time: 13:20
French to English
Jul 28, 2013

I am getting two error messages: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, and TM Update failed.
This started half-way through a translation yesterday. I can't see what caused it, what it means, nor what to do to correct it. Help?

Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
This topic Jul 28, 2013

has been discussed 735 times at least.

Please use the search engine.

Regards

A.

Margaret Stewart Fisher
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still need help, unfortunately Jul 28, 2013

Thank you (up to a point). I had already tried ProZ.com, ProZ.cc & Advanced Forum Search before I asked for help. I've had Trados for four days now, & have found my way around quite a lot of it - insofar as I've completed two translations on it - but would be very grateful if you could tell me where else I can search for this information.
regards
MSF

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Have you seen these threads? Jul 28, 2013

http://www.proz.com/topic/248483
http://www.proz.com/topic/154289

Margaret Stewart Fisher
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Natalie Jul 28, 2013

Thank you Natalie - I had not seen those threads & will try Paul's suggestion of View > Reset Window Layout. Fingers crossed! I'm eager to make full use of this system as it seems as if it would be a great time-saver.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error messages: Object reference not set to an instance of an object / TM Update failed

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search