Can I translate a Trados 2007 project in Studio 2011 and then export back the TM to Trados 2007?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 2, 2013

Can I translate a Trados 2007 project in Studio 2011 and then export back the TM to Trados 2007?

If I export as TMX from Studio 2011 when finished, will this work in most of the cases without a hitch?

I know that most of my customers accept this, if they provide me with the Trados 2007 TM, that I export the TM to to TMX 1.4b, create a new in Studio 2011 and import the TMX there. I translate in Studio 2011 and then export as TMX when finished.

Instead of TMX in the end, is there any way of making it a textfile? Import the TMX in Trados 2007 again, and export as textfile from there?

Direct link Reply with quote

merinber
Germany
Local time: 14:28
German to English
Export back to trados 2007 Aug 2, 2013

Since you can only export to a TMX file in Studio, it should be no problem to import the file in the Workbench. However, you will at the very least lose any Context Match information. From there you can also export the TM to a TXT file format.

You may want to try the OpenExchange app "SDLXliff2Tmx." The handy tool allows you to convert your SDLXLIFF files directly to TMX. You can also export your files to a TXT format, although the structure differs greatly from the one I mentioned above.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search