Trados Studio 2011 Confirm all segments
Thread poster: Karlameen
Aug 5, 2013

Good evening,
I was wondering if anyone knows how to confirm all segments with Trados Studio 2011. I know that it is possible because I have done it by mistake (much to my dismay) on two occasions now. A slip on the keyboard and lo and behold all segments were confirmed. But I have no idea how I did it. I have tried several combination ( I think it was ctrl + ????).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Karla

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 06:24
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Select all segment and change their status Aug 5, 2013

1. Click the first segment's number (usually it is 1) at the left side of the translation table and make sure that the first segment is highlighted.
2. Scroll down to the last segment.
3. Press the Shift key and while holding it left click the number of the last segment.
4. Now all the segments should be selected > Right click the number of the last segment > Change Segment Statue > The required status.

Alternatively, open the document for review, make any edits that you need, and save and close the document. Studio will then prompt you asking if you want to confirm all segments.

[Edited at 2013-08-05 20:15 GMT]

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:24
French to Polish
+ ...
With keyboard... Aug 5, 2013

Shai Nave wrote:

1. Click the first segment's number (usually it is 1) at the left side of the translation table and make sure that the first segment is highlighted.
2. Scroll down to the last segment (...)

So painful...
Just follow the procedure below, it's easy to understand how it works

Ctrl+Home
DownArrow
Ctrl+Shift+End
Ctrl+Enter (it may take some time if your file is huge, it's neither memoQ nor DVX).

Some not very intuitive key sequences may cause similar effects for a part of the file.

Cheers
GG

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You might be interested to know... Aug 5, 2013

... we're working on a small application to do pretty much anything with a project, or sdlxliff(s). This includes because able to select whatever you like and change the status in one go... it's fast too.

It should be available when we release 2014 which is not too far away... no dates yet though.

Regards

Paul

Karlameen
TOPIC STARTER
File Aug 5, 2013

Ok but this really has happened to me twice now. A slip of the finger on the keyboard and all segments were 100% confirmed apart from the segment I was working on (and I had just started working on the document). Is there anyway if I sent you the project to analyse you could find out the shortcut???

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Explanation? Aug 6, 2013

Karlameen wrote:

Ok but this really has happened to me twice now. A slip of the finger on the keyboard and all segments were 100% confirmed apart from the segment I was working on (and I had just started working on the document). Is there anyway if I sent you the project to analyse you could find out the shortcut???

You probably hit rapidly DownArrow, Ctrl+Shift+DownArrow, Ctrl+Enter (it's surprisingly easy in a fraction of second...) or something like that.
It may look as confirming all segments but you confirm only all the segments below the current one.

BTW, this key combo is logical but Ctrl+UpArrow (when the cursor is at the beginning of segment), then Ctrl+Enter is a flagrant bug.
I notified it at TW_users many months ago...

Cheers
GG

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
More likely scenarios... Aug 7, 2013

Hi,

I asked this question of our Beta testers, and Sébastien came up with some interesting possibilities. The most likely I think is this:

Ctrl+Shift+End
Ctrl+Enter

That combination seems quite likely to be used when you are typing fast and not looking at the screen. So you might not notice that you highlighted everything with the first combination... perhaps trying the get to the end of your segment before moving on?

Another suggestion was this that only does the ones you selected with the down arrow, so not the entire file.

Shift+Down Arrow
Ctrl+Enter

Or this... that might also be a culprit... works for some (not me) but it can't start on the first segment:

Shift+LeftArrow
Ctrl+Enter

I think that must depend on the keyboard because that one doesn't work for me but it was a revelation for some!

Hope these may help identify this mysterious confirming of all segments as you work!

Regards

Paul

RasaDidziuliene
Lithuania
Lithuanian to English
+ ...
Thank you Jun 26, 2015

Shai Navé wrote:

3. Press the Shift key and while holding it left click the number of the last segment.
4. Now all the segments should be selected > Right click the number of the last segment > Change Segment Statue > The required status.

Alternatively, open the document for review, make any edits that you need, and save and close the document. Studio will then prompt you asking if you want to confirm all segments.

Thank you so much, it saved me so much time to confirm 100% match translations

[Edited at 2015-06-26 15:36 GMT]

armagankilci
Local time: 07:24
Turkish to English
+ ...
thanks Apr 13, 2016

Shai Navé wrote:

thank you very much. this was very practical for me and worked great.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 Confirm all segments

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search