Thread poster: Marianne Rasmussen

Marianne Rasmussen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 03:12
Spanish to Danish
+ ...
Aug 6, 2013

Hi,

I know updating TMs have been discussed here before, but I didn't find the answer for my problem in them, unfortunately.
I'm currently working on a large project that other translators are assigned to as well (it's huge), and the PM from the agency sends an updated TM every day (assigned translators also have to export the days's work to him at the end of the day, in order to help each other with updated TMs every day).

My problem is, I don't know how to attach the new updated TM to the translation file in progress.
How do I do that?
When I re-open it in Editor to resume translation, it just opens it, I'm not given the possibility to attach a new tmx file.

What do I do?

Hope you understand what I mean

Thanks,

Marianne

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
How to update your TM with a new TMX file Aug 6, 2013

If you're in the Editor window, go to Project> Project settings>Language Pairs>All language pairs>Translation Memory and Automated Translation.

Highlight the TM you want to update in the window on the right.

Click "import" above the list and follow the wizard.

Only new translation units will be imported by default, and existing TUs will be overwritten if you enable the corresponding box.

HTH,
Emma

Marianne Rasmussen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Spanish to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 6, 2013

Thanks, Emma, that worked perfectly!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating TM with new tmx file for on-going translation

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search