Trados 2011 - File Types > Specific file types > Character Delimited Text Settings
Thread poster: gmonnier
gmonnier
France
Local time: 15:03
Aug 6, 2013

Hello,

I need to create a new File Type who is able to process text files with two columns.

Here is an example of line enclosed in the text file:

MSG_ID_FILE_IMPORT_MTG:Import an existing document\nImport

How can I process the text file in order to translate separately 'Import an existing document' and 'Import' ?

Thank you for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:03
English to French
+ ...
Segmentation Rules Aug 6, 2013

Hi,

In TM Editor View, right-click on your TM -> Settings - Languages Resources -> Segmentation Rules -> add \n, colon is already in there with the exception of lower case characters if this happens in your text remove it.

Here's a sample of how I fixed it: http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/blieber45/media/Seg_Rule_zpsd5ca0a1b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

In fact, it's a bit trickier than I thought, is it the kind of layout that would suit you?

Reimport your file - should do the trick,

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-08-06 20:57 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-08-06 21:00 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 - File Types > Specific file types > Character Delimited Text Settings

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search