Trados 2011 - File Types > Specific file types > Character Delimited Text Settings
Thread poster: gmonnier
gmonnier
France
Local time: 08:55
Aug 6, 2013

Hello,

I need to create a new File Type who is able to process text files with two columns.

Here is an example of line enclosed in the text file:

MSG_ID_FILE_IMPORT_MTG:Import an existing document\nImport

How can I process the text file in order to translate separately 'Import an existing document' and 'Import' ?

Thank you for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:55
English to French
+ ...
Segmentation Rules Aug 6, 2013

Hi,

In TM Editor View, right-click on your TM -> Settings - Languages Resources -> Segmentation Rules -> add \n, colon is already in there with the exception of lower case characters if this happens in your text remove it.

Here's a sample of how I fixed it: http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/blieber45/media/Seg_Rule_zpsd5ca0a1b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

In fact, it's a bit trickier than I thought, is it the kind of layout that would suit you?

Reimport your file - should do the trick,

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-08-06 20:57 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-08-06 21:00 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 - File Types > Specific file types > Character Delimited Text Settings

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search