SDL Package Reader - Installation problem
Thread poster: Michal Skvarna
Aug 6, 2013

Hi,
I got a problem during installation SDL Package Reader 1.2 on WinXP (32bit) PC. Installation end with general error message "An error occured during the installation." Has anybody had a similar experiences or any idea how to complete the installation?

THX

arknu  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 13:16
Log files Aug 6, 2013

Hi,

I'm the developer of PackageReader. I'm sorry you're having problems installing it, that shouldn't happen.

Are there any more specific error messages?

I'd like you to collect the installation log files, so that I can have a look at the problem. The files are located in C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp and are called PackageReader_XXXXXXXXX.log. Please make a zip-file and send them to my e-mail arknu+proz@outlook.com. You can also use the Send file feature here on ProZ, if you prefer.

Asbjørn

[Edited at 2013-08-06 20:58 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: empty post

VPETIT
Local time: 06:16
Cannot download the app Aug 15, 2013

Hello
I am trying to download the app from
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/packagereader-293.html

It just does not download. Any recommendation?
Thank you

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Just tested... Aug 16, 2013

... and it seems to work. I did notice that you have to be careful in the way you do it, so this is the process I went through:

1. Clicked on your link
2. Clicked on "Download now" and entered my account details
3. Check the " I agree to be bound by the SDL OpenExchange Terms and Conditions *"
4. Select the version available - "Package Reader 1.2"
5 Click on continue
6. You are taken back to the page you started and the download started automatically

At least this worked for me.

You weren't specific on any messages or things missing in the process but the other thing that may prevent this from working is if you don't have a license for Studio in the first place as this is checked when you login.

Regards

Paul

VPETIT
Local time: 06:16
Thanks Aug 16, 2013

Thanks.
It worked today! It seems it was timing out before!

V

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
worked for me also Aug 17, 2013

thanks for the advice on this app.
looks nice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search