Why do I get the error message "Unable to locate original file" when trying to save in TagEditor?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 8, 2013

Why do I get the error message "Unable to locate original file" when trying to Save as target in TagEditor (cleaned file)? Other information included in this error message is the path to the original file and the text "Please copy this original file into directory above and try again."

And how should I do to be able to save the cleaned version?

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:10
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Basic Aug 8, 2013

Both the original file from which you created the ttx and the ttx must be in the same folder in order to save as target.

HTH

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:10
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
How to see the filename Aug 8, 2013

Just to add to what Elías Sauza wrote:
You can see the name and location of the original file by loading your TTX file into a text editor such as Notepad++ or Ultraedit (or even Word), then look for something like is (near the top):

SourceDocumentPath="C:\Documents and Settings\(admin)\(folder)\(Sourcefilename)"

where (admin), (folder) etc means replace with whatever is used in your system.

That will tell you what TagEditor needs to know.

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That worked fine Aug 8, 2013

Ok, thanks both of you, that worked fine!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do I get the error message "Unable to locate original file" when trying to save in TagEditor?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search