SDL Trados Studio 2009 - Updating TM automatically once the Word document has been proofread
Thread poster: Claire Montazeaud

Claire Montazeaud  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:39
English to French
+ ...
Aug 8, 2013

I work with SDL Trados Studio 2009 and I am looking for a way to automatically update the TM once I proofread the translation in Word.
Thanks for your help!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:39
English
Depends what you proofread? Aug 8, 2013

Hi Claire,

If you used the SDLXLIFF for Microsoft Office Converter from the OpenExchange to create a Word document for review then you would be able to import this back in again and automatically update your translation.

If you proofread the translation in its finished state then the only way I can think of that will allow any kind of automatic update is to align the original source file and your finished target file and create the TM from this.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 - Updating TM automatically once the Word document has been proofread

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search