Mixed up files after pretranslating
Thread poster: Denise Phelps

Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:32
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 8, 2013

Hi,

This is a curious thing that has happened twice to me recently (but never before). I have a set of files (in this case 4), all word docs forming part of the same overall project. I open them individually (creating individual projects), and set Studio to pretranslate them (simultaneously, but as separate projects) while I go and make a cup of tea.

When I come back and start working on them, I find that sections of one file have been inserted into another. That is, target segments which clearly correspond to file X appear in file Y, and vice versa.

It's not a huge problem, because when I click on the segment in question, a more appropriate translation is generated. But I'm curious as to how it happens and what perhaps I'm doing wrong (the obvious answer is to not pre-translate more than 1 file at a time, I know).

Thanks for any pointers.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
What version of Studio? Aug 8, 2013

Hi Denise,

I remember a few years ago coming across a bizarre situation when something similar happened under a very specific set of circumstances that escape my memory now. So it would be worth knowing first of all what version of Studio you are referring to?

Then, if you have Studio 2011, it would be really helpful if you were able to share the files and then help me to reproduce this effect?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paul Aug 9, 2013

I'm using Studio 2011, the most recent version as far as I know (I update every time I'm prompted to). I'll send you the docs in question.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mixed up files after pretranslating

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search