Trados Studio 2011 - folder behaviour
Thread poster: EL Cavanaugh

EL Cavanaugh
New Zealand
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
Aug 11, 2013

I love Studio 2011 but I have some things that I would like to go over with the expert on the phone – the behavior with the folders is annoying…why I can not save the project where I want to? Why the default target save as folder does not stay the same – if I work on the file from one project from one customer, save it and work with the project with another customer, then I open the first one again from the location I have save it or from Trados Studio. The problem occurs next time when I save the file again – if I use Save it just saves it to the latter project folder which is from another client etc… then I need to use Save as and browse all the way again through tens of folders to save it again to the same location I opened it in the first place.
When I open the new package and want to import it to the customer folder in D, I need create the new folder while importing, I can not put them in the empty folder which I already created for that project. Then I create the new folder and try to name it and I get 2 new folders, one named as I did and one “New folder”. Why? Why Trados does not save into the same folder in the directory where I imported the project?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 - folder behaviour

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search