https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/254258-trados_studio_2011_folder_behaviour.html

Trados Studio 2011 - folder behaviour
Thread poster: Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
Aug 11, 2013

I love Studio 2011 but I have some things that I would like to go over with the expert on the phone – the behavior with the folders is annoying…why I can not save the project where I want to? Why the default target save as folder does not stay the same – if I work on the file from one project from one customer, save it and work with the project with another customer, then I open the first one again from the location I have save it or from Trados Studio. The problem occurs next time when I ... See more
I love Studio 2011 but I have some things that I would like to go over with the expert on the phone – the behavior with the folders is annoying…why I can not save the project where I want to? Why the default target save as folder does not stay the same – if I work on the file from one project from one customer, save it and work with the project with another customer, then I open the first one again from the location I have save it or from Trados Studio. The problem occurs next time when I save the file again – if I use Save it just saves it to the latter project folder which is from another client etc… then I need to use Save as and browse all the way again through tens of folders to save it again to the same location I opened it in the first place.
When I open the new package and want to import it to the customer folder in D, I need create the new folder while importing, I can not put them in the empty folder which I already created for that project. Then I create the new folder and try to name it and I get 2 new folders, one named as I did and one “New folder”. Why? Why Trados does not save into the same folder in the directory where I imported the project?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 - folder behaviour

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »