Thread poster: Metin Albayrak
Metin Albayrak
Metin Albayrak  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Aug 12, 2013

Dear all,

One of my clients sent me his first two packages to be translated in Studio 2011.

One of these packages contains two word files. After translating a part of the first file and saving it with Ctrl S, the status of the translation remains unchanged under menu Files.
I've been working for about 6 months with this programm for other clients and never had to face with this problem.

Being able to see the progress is an important function I really
... See more
Dear all,

One of my clients sent me his first two packages to be translated in Studio 2011.

One of these packages contains two word files. After translating a part of the first file and saving it with Ctrl S, the status of the translation remains unchanged under menu Files.
I've been working for about 6 months with this programm for other clients and never had to face with this problem.

Being able to see the progress is an important function I really miss on this project.

Does anyone have an explanation ?

Best regards from Germany,

Metin
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:15
English to French
+ ...
View Aug 12, 2013

Hi Metin,

What happens if you go into View -> Confirmation Statistics, is the number of words displayed properly?

Also in your previous post in French, is the progress bar shown properly?

Cheers,

Bernard

Metin Albayrak
Metin Albayrak  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Bernard, Aug 12, 2013

The progress of my work is correctly shown under "View" - "Confirmation Statistics".
I just really don't understand why it isn't shown correctly under Files under Progress in form of a purcentage, as usual. But I should ignore it, shouldn't I ? What do you think ?

Best regards,

Metin

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Batch Tasks Aug 12, 2013

Try Project -> Batch Tasks -> Word Count and see it it makes any difference or else just ignore it if you get the right word count with other options.

Cheers,

Bernard

Marcin Jedrysiak
Marcin Jedrysiak
Poland
English to Polish
Context Matches Aug 13, 2013

Are there any context matches? Confirm them - it should help.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Just a silly question... Aug 13, 2013

.... but can you confirm that you opened the files for translation under the files view in the project created when you opened the package?

So you did not use "Open Document" to open the files in the package?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 : translation progress unchanged under menu Files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »