Trados Studio 2011 - the source side of the screen stopped moving with the target side
Thread poster: EL Cavanaugh

EL Cavanaugh
New Zealand
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
Aug 13, 2013

I reeboted my computer and after that in Trados Studio 2011 - the source side of the screen stopped moving with the target side. I can scroll it up and down but is does not move when in the translation further. What can I do?

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:13
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
A couple of ideas Aug 13, 2013

First, I would close Studio and re-open it.

If that doesn't work, then check out the paragraph on "autoscroll" in my blog post here:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/12/06/more-display/

If that doesn't work either, just say so, and I'll have another think!

HTH,
Emma

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:13
English
Auto-scroll document Aug 13, 2013

Hi Eija,

Studio has a feature that allows you to scroll the columns separately if you want. Maybe you activated this? Just go to View -> Auto-Scroll Document when the file is open in the editor and make sure it is ticked (the default setting).

You can also create a shortcut in Tools -> Options for this feature so perhaps make sure you don't have one, or if you do then make sure it's what you want.

Regards

Paul

EL Cavanaugh
New Zealand
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Source and target scrolling together again! Aug 13, 2013

Thanks a million, I thought I am losing my mind.... I have now idea how I managed to uncheck that option but I must have - I really appreciate this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 - the source side of the screen stopped moving with the target side

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search