Editing/Uploading source text in Trados Studio 2011
Thread poster: Mayra Cavilla

Mayra Cavilla

Local time: 21:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 13, 2013

Hi!
I need to know if it is possible to manage changes to source text in Trados. I was sent a Word file to translate but the problem is that the Word document is a draft and will probably undergo a few changes.
I know I can edit source segments If I find mistakes, but is there a way to "update" the source file with a latest version of it? Or do I have to create a whole new project and use the TM to translate it again incorporating the changes?
Thanks!
Mayra

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:14
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Add to project Aug 13, 2013

You shouldn't edit the source text.

Your second idea is much better, but you don't even have to create a new project. Simply add your new file to the project, run a batch task to prepare the file and pretranslate it with your TM, and translate the changes.

HTH,
Emma

Doan Quang  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 07:14
English to Vietnamese
Create a project TM Aug 13, 2013

I often prepare the file and pretranslate it with my TM and uncheck update option for my TM, then I create a project TM and start translation and update the project TM.

When I recieve the final source file then I can translate the changes with the project TM (even you could update it during translating) and update both TM during finalizing step.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing/Uploading source text in Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search