Thread poster: Olga Cuzmanov

Olga Cuzmanov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:37
Member (2013)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Aug 14, 2013

Hi. I am signed up to purchase one of the SDL Trados packages currently offered to ProZ members. My question is: should I choose a package that includes 2007 version? Some of the answers provided previously mention that support for 2007 version will (was) discontinued last December. It looks like the packages that include 2007 are approximately $210 more expensive. This version is not available for sale anywhere else so I could not find a base of comparison for the price. Please advise.
Thanks in advance, Olga

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:37
English
I know I work for SDL... Aug 14, 2013

... but perhaps you should think about the type of work you do. If your clients require you to connect directly to a 2007 Server for example then you should 100% purchase that package.

If you don't see TTX or Bilingual Doc files at all, and you are never asked to create these formats for your customers, then you probably don't need it. Even if you just receive these files you may not need it now as Studio 2011 can handle TTX and Bilingual Doc files anyway. It's creation of these formats that's the issue and we may well have a solution for that problem entirely through the OpenExchange when Studio 2014 is released.

So I think the decision should be based around the type of work you do.

Regards

Paul

Olga Cuzmanov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:37
Member (2013)
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 15, 2013

It helps...a little:)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance included in TGB offer

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search