SDL Trados 2011 support TM language combination: German to Italian
Thread poster: Enrique Diaz

Enrique Diaz  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 17, 2013

Hello all
I need to translate a document with the following language combination: German to Italian.
I tried to add a translation memory from the Add list "SDL BeGlobal Community", I get an error, there is no support for this language combination! (Is this correct?)
Then I tried to add SDLBeGlobal Enterprise, and I get into a wizard widow that, redirects me to SDL BeGlobal Online, then it is asking me account ID etc... Any Idea what this is?
So then I tried to add the SDL automated translation service, and again the system tells me there is no support for this language combination. Come on!
Then I tried to add the Google Translate option, I created my API key account, however when starting to translate the first row of my document, SDL Trados returns an error through the messages window: "The remote server returned an error: (403) forbidden."
So at the end I still wasn't able translate a single word from German into Italian with SDL Trados? Is this correct or did I miss something?!
I'll appreciate any help
Regards,
Ed

[Edited at 2013-08-17 20:40 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:21
English
On the BeGlobal message... Aug 18, 2013

... I think the free BeGlobal baselines support German to English/French/Spanish at the moment so this is probably why you receive the message about an unsupported language pair.

The Enterprise Account is there for users who are connecting to a BeGlobal facility that has been set up specifically for a particular Company. So the engines will have been trained for their material and it will be there for their use only... so you need the login credentials for that.

The 403 error message when you tried to use Google...not sure on that one. Maybe you are behind a firewall blocking access to Google Translate? Not sure... I just tested this combination with Google and it worked fine for me:

You can of course translate in this language pair without Machine Translation, but I guess it's a less common requirement so not so freely available.

Regards

Paul

Enrique Diaz  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 18, 2013

I'll check the firewall and the BeGlobal.
Regards
Ed

[Edited at 2013-08-18 15:17 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011 support TM language combination: German to Italian

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search