Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 13:54
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
Aug 21, 2013

Hi guys!
I am still rather new at Studio 2011, but have been working successfully with it for a while now. I have run into problems, however, with opening packages from clients. Every time I try, I get the error message "JAVA Plug-in 10.25.2 not installed properly". I have of course upgraded Java, but apparently to no avail. Is this some kind of a virus that I have picked up or could it be some kind of incompatibility with something on my computer?
Let me add that I have no problems using Studio otherwise; it is just with packages!
Thanks so much in advance.

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
might be a Java problem Aug 21, 2013

hi Bodil,
this problem of "Java not found" or "Java not installed" when it actually is installed is quite common with a lot of applications, not only Studio. at least, that has been my experience.
I would say it is a Java problem.
maybe you have older versions of Java installed also?
or maybe you hava Java 64 bits installed, instead of Java 32 bits? (Studio 2011 needs the 32 bits version).
maybe you can follow these 2 steps:

1. disable "Start Java Runtime" check box in Tools > Options in Studio, if you have it enabled. I haven't found that having this option enabled is necessary at all.
2. unisntall Java and download the off-line install file for Java from java.com. reinstall Java.

hope my suggestions help.
good luck!

Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Java problem indeed! Aug 22, 2013

Thank you so much, Lorenzo. It was a Java problem and is now fixed!icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - Java Plug-in 10.25.2 missing

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search