Studio 2011 TM - differentiate the same text with and without tags
Thread poster: tz7
tz7
United States
Local time: 23:01
English to Japanese
Aug 21, 2013

I am working on DITA files downloaded from SDL TMS.
My Studio can't add 2 entries with the same text with different tagging into the TM.

For example, there are 2 segments in one file:
More... -- with tags
More... -- without tags

My TM only retain the last submission. After I translate "More..." with tags, when translating "More..." without tags, the TM says "different target in translation memory". Then, after I translate "More..." without tags, when translating "More..." with tags, it says "different target in translation memory" again... It doesn't retain both of "More..." and "More...".

Is there an option to make my TM tag-conscious? Or can I allow multiple translations for identical source segments, like I can with Trados 2007?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:01
English
The default "Add as new translation"... Aug 22, 2013

... is Ctrl+Shift+U. But you can find this on the Translation menu in case you have a different shortcut.

That should work.

Regards

Paul

tz7
United States
Local time: 23:01
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
No option to be tag-conscious? Sep 3, 2013

I think the legacy Trados differentiates the source if there are tags. Why Studio doesn't? It seems this occurs when [tag] encloses the whole segment, like [tag]More...[/tag].

[Edited at 2013-09-03 21:08 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-09-03 21:08 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 TM - differentiate the same text with and without tags

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search