SDL Trados 2011 generates xml file incorrectly (keyword tags removed)
Thread poster: Saku Taipale
Saku Taipale
Finland
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if someone has encountered the same problem. The basic XML-file to be translated is rather simple and didn't need changes to the normal XML-definitions. Also, all looks still fine inside the Trados Studio, the tags will be shown as they should be, but the problems begin in the last state - when the target file is generated (or it's alternative "save target as").

In the beginning of the XML-file is this kind of structure:

Results

When brought to Studio and translated, there seems to be nothing wrong, the words "Report" and "Results" are separately translatable content and tags are protected as they should be.

However, after generating the target file, the end result (German) will be written into the file like this:

BerichtErgebnisse

As you can see, Studio removes tags and puts the words together. This same behaviour happens to all 150+ files and is similar to any amount of keyword tag pairs, all tags are removed except the first and last and words are joined together without spaces between.

Any ideas? Have you seen this kind behaviour?

Direct link Reply with quote

Saku Taipale
Finland
TOPIC STARTER
Removed keyword tags - solution found, though awkward one. Aug 22, 2013

Replying to myself...

This seems to be a symptom to XML: OASIS DITA 1.2 File type parser and it's "preserve whitespace" deifinition for the tag keyword. I changed this now from "Normalize..." to "Always preserve".

However, what is very annoying is that the change of this definition does not affect already added files (to the present project), only new ones. Result is that I need to reprep and get retranslated (hopefully from TM) 150+ files for each language now.

Apparently this parser setting was reset when my collague recently updated his computer Studio installation to the newest possible... And then prepped this project... Earlier projects this year done by him worked just well when I tested them (and the whitespace definition was fine).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011 generates xml file incorrectly (keyword tags removed)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search