Teresa Bento
Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:38
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 23, 2013

Hi everyone,

I had a sudden blue screen error and the result is a broken down PC.
Fortunately, my backup laptop is still working, as well as that Trados license.

My question is: if I get another PC, do I have to inform SDL so that the new machine gets the old one's license? What would be the right procedure in this case?

I'd really appreciate if you could give me a hand.

Best,
Teresa

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 03:38
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Contact SDL Installation and Licensing support Aug 23, 2013

When you activate Studio, the associated license (or one of them if you also have an extra activation license, which from your description I think you may have; you can verify this in your online SDL account) is pulled from the server. Unless you return it prior to uninstalling Studio, you won't be able to pull it again for your new installation.

If you can still access your copy of Studio on the old computer, return the license, and then proceed to installing and activating Studio
... See more
When you activate Studio, the associated license (or one of them if you also have an extra activation license, which from your description I think you may have; you can verify this in your online SDL account) is pulled from the server. Unless you return it prior to uninstalling Studio, you won't be able to pull it again for your new installation.

If you can still access your copy of Studio on the old computer, return the license, and then proceed to installing and activating Studio on your new computer as you would normally do.

If you don't have access to your old computer, contact SDL Installation and Licensing support (http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf#tab:SFTab:crumb:0) and get them to reset the license. Once they do, proceed to install and activate the product as usual.

[Edited at 2013-08-23 21:44 GMT]
Collapse

Jose Manuel Braga
Jose Manuel Braga  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:38
Member (2012)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hi Teresa, you don't need to contact SDL Aug 24, 2013

I had the same problem a couple of months ago. I contacted SDL support and they answered back as follows:

For you Studio 2009 licence, it will take around 30 minutes for the system to reset before you can reacitvate

On your Trados 2007 Suite licence, as all your activations are in use, you can force return the licence through the My Licences section of your account which will then allow you to reactivate yoru licence.

This link will help you through the p
... See more
I had the same problem a couple of months ago. I contacted SDL support and they answered back as follows:

For you Studio 2009 licence, it will take around 30 minutes for the system to reset before you can reacitvate

On your Trados 2007 Suite licence, as all your activations are in use, you can force return the licence through the My Licences section of your account which will then allow you to reactivate yoru licence.

This link will help you through the process and also allows you to reset your licences without having to log a Support request

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4295&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

Kind Regards

SDL Support

I can assure it worked fine for me.

Best,
Jose Braga
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2009 - License problem

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »