Thread poster: Cecilia Franetovich
Cecilia Franetovich
Cecilia Franetovich  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2013

Any idea why the difference between files analysed with either CAT tool? I have a huge difference in the analysis with both tools in a very large project, and when comparing both logs I see that the Trados Studio log includes many words as "internal repetitions" which are evidently counted as new words with Trados 8. Any idea on which one is more accurate? Thanks in advance!!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:28
English
One is not more accurate than the other... Aug 24, 2013

... they are just counting and reporting slightly differently. You can find an article here that might be helpful for you : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-cK

Internal repetitions are different... this is an optional report in the analysis settings that tries to see what leverage you would get from translating the files. So something that isn't in your TM yet, but once you translate a little will start to provi
... See more
... they are just counting and reporting slightly differently. You can find an article here that might be helpful for you : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-cK

Internal repetitions are different... this is an optional report in the analysis settings that tries to see what leverage you would get from translating the files. So something that isn't in your TM yet, but once you translate a little will start to provide matches elsewhere.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Cecilia Franetovich
Cecilia Franetovich  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 24, 2013

Thank you for the useful information!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Difference in wordcount with Trados Studio and Trados 8

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »