Difference in wordcount with Trados Studio and Trados 8
Thread poster: Cecilia Franetovich

Cecilia Franetovich  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2013

Any idea why the difference between files analysed with either CAT tool? I have a huge difference in the analysis with both tools in a very large project, and when comparing both logs I see that the Trados Studio log includes many words as "internal repetitions" which are evidently counted as new words with Trados 8. Any idea on which one is more accurate? Thanks in advance!!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:00
English
One is not more accurate than the other... Aug 24, 2013

... they are just counting and reporting slightly differently. You can find an article here that might be helpful for you : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-cK

Internal repetitions are different... this is an optional report in the analysis settings that tries to see what leverage you would get from translating the files. So something that isn't in your TM yet, but once you translate a little will start to provide matches elsewhere.

Regards

Paul

Cecilia Franetovich  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 24, 2013

Thank you for the useful information!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Difference in wordcount with Trados Studio and Trados 8

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search