Hannu Jaatinen  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:08
Member (2006)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Aug 27, 2013

Hi everyone,

I translated a large InDesign job in Studio 2011 (after saving it to IDML in Indesign). Everything went smoothly in the translation part, but the real problem is that I cannot manage to save a target file, no matter what I do.

Verify reports no tag errors, and Generate Target Translations give the following message:
Failed to save target content: File C:\....\Spread_.xml not found.

I even tried to Copy Source to All Targets to check whether there would be some tag problems that Studio doesn't recognise, but the error message remains the same.

Any ideas?

Saving/exporting ICML files works but there are more than 115 ICML files (stories) which looks to be too much for the Merge Files feature since that results in an error. Unzipping the IDML file works even worse, since there are over 500 XML files in the Stories folder.

If the software states that it supports IDML files, one would expect that it also supports the feature of saving the translated IDML file...grr...

Best wishes, Hannu Jaatinen (Certified SDL Trainer)

Direct link Reply with quote

Hannu Jaatinen  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:08
Member (2006)
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Further research Aug 27, 2013

I did some research and I can confirm that even though Studio 2011 manages to import the IDML file OK, it isn't even able to re-create the IDML using the Save Source As command from the Editor view File menu.

I opened the Temp directory it creates when trying to save the IDML files, but they disappear immediately after the save process is terminated due to a file (spread_.xml) which Studio fails to find.

Ideas, anyone?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:08
English
It sounds... Aug 27, 2013

... as though there is a problem with your IDML file. If you can share the file with me I'll be happy to take a look?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Major problem with IDML files/support in Studio 2011 - cannot save target

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search