Valeria Ricciardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:58
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 29, 2013

Goodmorning

I would like to upgrade and install SDL Trados 2009 on my new PC. I have SDL Trados 2007 installed on another PC but I can't find the licence file, which actually was linked to an email address I don't use anymore (and which I am unable to reach). If I am right, being able to retrieve the 2007 licence is necessary to handle the upgrade. So I am stuck! Can anyone suggest something to overcome this apparently insurmountable problem?

Thank you all in advance

Valeria

Direct link Reply with quote

Jackie Doble  Identity Verified
France
Member (2011)
French to English
Contact Trados Aug 29, 2013

Hi, my suggestion is to contact Trados and ask for their help.
I know of someone who did that. They can access your license number (although you should be able to access that on line - on their website) and at their discretion, may free up the license for you.. so that you can pay just for the upgrade.
However, I would suggest it would be worthwhile upgrading directly to Studio 2014

Good luck.

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 12:58
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Upgrade to Studio 2011 Aug 29, 2013

It doesn't make much sense to upgrade to Studio 2009 when Studio 2014 is just around the corner. You can upgrade to Studio 2011 now and I think that it will make you eligible to upgrade to Studio 2014 at no extra cost once it is released.

To get your license number, open the license manager program (from Windows Start menu, it is under the SDL or SDL International folder), click the View activated license button, and write down the value under the Entitlement ID column. This is your License. Alternatively, your license is also available in your SDL account (https://oos.sdl.com/), but you will need the login details with which you have registered.

You can also contact SDL Installation and Licensing support (http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf#tab:SFTab:crumb:0) to get help in logging into your online account or with other licensing issues.

Valeria Ricciardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both Aug 30, 2013

Thank you both for your support. I have already contacted SDL Support and they told me I need to access my email address to get the .lic file. I suggested Shai indication but still they said I have to have the .lic file. I will nonetheless try this way and contact SDL Support again should I fail.
As for Trados 2014, I will do as you suggest and upgrade to 2011 and wait for 2014 release.

Thanks so much!

Valeria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Want to upgrade to Trados 2009 but can't resume my 2007 licence

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search