Arjen Kramer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:51
Member (2007)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Sep 2, 2013

Hi,

Please help me out on this one.. i've got a massive XML file from which I ONLY want to translation the parts between C-DATA tags. How ever, Trados picks up on all text in the XML document.

Would anyone be able to tell me how I can make a rule that Trados 2011 only offers the texts between CDATA for translation? Thanks very much for your help!

[Edited at 2013-09-02 12:49 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-09-02 13:37 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You just need to create... Sep 2, 2013

... a custom XML filetype that only extracts the text you want. The help gives some good examples of how to do this here: http://goo.gl/jBJ6jD

Hopefully you will only need one rule to extract the translatable content from the CDATA section but without seeing the file it's hard to know for sure, and it's also hard to know whether you have something a little trickier like HTML inside the CDATA sections.

Have a go and if you get stuck feel free to send the XML file to me and we'll take a look (but no guarantees we can do it!)

It may also be worth asking your client for a filetype... perhaps they have the expertise inhouse?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Arjen Kramer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 3, 2013

Thanks Paul! Will have a go...this would solve some issues for usicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML Document: CDATA translation Studio 2011

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search