Cultures Connection
France
Local time: 14:21
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
Sep 2, 2013

Dear all,

I have translated an sdlxliff file in another software. After that I have reimported this file into my studio 2011 project by just replacing the untranslated sdlxliff file with the translated one. Everything works correctly. However, for some reason, the file numbering is incorrect. Instead of having each segment numbered with a different number (1, 2, 3, etc until the last segment), all segments are numbered 0. Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help

Fabrice

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Probably.... Sep 2, 2013

... open the original file in Studio again and pre-translate with a TM created from the sdlxliff you have got back from the other tool. This is no guarantee it will work, and we don't support this either because we have no idea what the other tool may corrupt in the sdlxliff.

What tool did you use for this?

Regards

Paul

Cultures Connection
France
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
CAT tool used and tag penalties Sep 2, 2013

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your answer. We are using Memsource editor. Actually, we already did that but for some reason the source file has also been tagged differently than in the original document. The best result we had is by creating a TM with no tags by using the "import as plain text option". However, the results are still poor after pre-translation process. Maybe you can give us some tips on using the tag penalties while importing files into the TM.

Thanks

Fabrice

Cultures Connection
France
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Segment Numbering Sep 3, 2013

What we really want to know is what causes the segment numbering to change between translating the file in MemSource Editor and replacing the file in Trados Studio. Is there a way to avoid or correct this problem?

Thanks,

David

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issue with Segments numbering

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search