Error message with sdlxliff to xlf conversion
Thread poster: TNT TRANSLATION

TNT TRANSLATION  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:37
English to Korean
Sep 5, 2013

Hi all,

My client sent me a xlf file to review. I set up the project and added this file using Studio 2009 (SP3 - 9.1.2307.8). After I finished reviewing and finalized, when I "save target as" to convert the sdlxliff to the original xlf file in order to deliver, I got the error message "Failed to save target content: Sequence contains no elements". I tried to use "Batch tasks" to generate target translations but got the same error message.

I tried to use Swordfish to convert back to xlf file and it worked but the tags were broken.

Please any help/suggestions are welcome.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:37
English
No definite answer... Sep 6, 2013

... but if you are allowed to share the sdlxliff and the source xlf I'll take a look at it for you?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

United States
English to Korean
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Paul! Thank you SDL support! Sep 8, 2013

I did not expected that SDL support would pay attention to this post and offer help. With Paul's guidance/work, I was able to get the xlf file.

Kind regards,

danniemac
Local time: 13:37
English
failed to save target content. Sequence contains no elements Feb 4, 2014

Can support advise how they fixed this? I am also having this issue and would like to fix it ASAP.

United States
English to Korean
TOPIC STARTER
I sent the problematic file to the SDL support Feb 5, 2014

danniemac wrote:

Can support advise how they fixed this? I am also having this issue and would like to fix it ASAP.

I sent the problematic file to Paul at SDL support. He return the fixed file and I was able to convert back to XLF file. I do not know how he fixed but she mention that he used the new Studio 2014.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message with sdlxliff to xlf conversion

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search