I defined a file-based TM for a project, I checked the "update" and "lookup" boxes, I verified that the segments from the first two files went into the TM. Google translate is unabled, with lookup, but at the bottom of the TM list. But now I'm doing a third file, parallel to my #1, and Trados goes to GT does not even retrieve the 100% segments from the project TM.... What am I doing wrong?
PS: actually I am seeing some matches when it's NOT 100%. I'm not sure all fuzzies are shown, but I've seen a couple in the 75-99% range. But none of the 100% show up, so right now I'm selecting the source and hitting F3 over and over. Silly, isn't it?
In fact, it's ALL 100% it doesn't show. But apparently lower % match work
[Edited at 2013-09-11 05:28 GMT]
PPS: So I removed and re-added the file-based TM that I had defined for the project. As indicated in that other forum I got an "Index negative out of range" error, but after I clicked OK it took the TM. An I am now seeing the matches show up.
[Edited at 2013-09-11 05:31 GMT]
[Edited at 2013-09-11 06:04 GMT]
Finally, now that I've enabled the TM for the new files, I am getting the same error message when I toggle back to the old file and change a segment (e.g. I rewrite a sentence and want to propagate that back to the 1st file)...
[Edited at 2013-09-11 06:12 GMT]
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users!
Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value
Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer.
Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools.
Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free