How to add new language in Trados Studio?
Thread poster: Maria Johansson

Maria Johansson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:08
Swedish to English
+ ...
Sep 13, 2013

Dear all,

I have intially chosen Spanish, English and Swedish when working with Trados Studio but now need to add Danish, however the drop down boxes only allow me to add combinations or variations of the 3 language above (i.e. Spanish - Spain, Spanish Venezuela, English - Singapore, etc)

How can I add a completely new language to my options without having to reinstall the program?

Your help is much appreciated as I have project in Danish-Swedish due in today!

Many thanks in advance

Kind regards,
Maria

Torill Cabaret  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:08
French to Norwegian
+ ...
You will have to reinstall Sep 13, 2013

Hi Maria,

I had the same problem some time ago.
If you have the freelance version you will have to deactivate and reinstall the software.

See the answer I receveid from Steve:

Create new language pairs 2 Jul

Hi Torill,

After checking I can confirm that yo use Studio 2011 Freelance- With this version it is important to install all languages that you will need (upto 5) during the installtion process.
If this was not the case, you need to deactivate and deinstall the software, then reinstall/activate adding when asked to do so up to 5 langauges.
Any created and maintained files/TM's will be untouched bt this action and can of course be used after the new installtion.
Hope this helps.
Steve

Hope this will help you

Kind regards
Torill

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to add new language in Trados Studio?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search