Creating a Trados 2011 memory from translated work
Thread poster: ArnieT

ArnieT
Ukraine
Local time: 04:57
Russian to English
+ ...
Sep 13, 2013

I have a translated Trados 2011 file. How can I create a memory only on the translated text, without the contents of the memory that was used for translating it?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:57
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
New TM Sep 13, 2013

One way is to create a new TM, and import the sdlxliff into it.

Simon Chiassai  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
create a new TM and import Sep 13, 2013

You need to create a new empty TM, and import then click import, and select the xliff file that contains the translation.

Edit: Emma beat me to iticon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2013-09-13 14:02 GMT]

ArnieT
Ukraine
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A big thank you Sep 13, 2013

Thank you, guys. I thought I would go prematurely bold, pulling the hair off my head trying to get it done. Who would have thought that it's so simple.

ArnieT
Ukraine
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another question Sep 13, 2013

When displaying a selected TM (by pressing the Translation Memories button in the left panel), only the first 50 units are shown. How do we get to see all of the memory?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
How to get more than 50 units. Sep 13, 2013

ArnieT wrote:

When displaying a selected TM (by pressing the Translation Memories button in the left panel), only the first 50 units are shown. How do we get to see all of the memory?

To increase the number of TUs displayed per page, go to Tools>Options>Translation Memories View and change the number (200 is the maximum allowed). Then use the blue arrow to see more pages.

You might like to read my blog article about display:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/09/13/zoom-font-display/

and others on the basics of Studio:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/category/sdl-trados-studio/1-the-basics/

ArnieT
Ukraine
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Emma. Sep 13, 2013

Thanks a lot, Emma. Seemingly little things, but everything is new and the time is presing. Trying all old methods just isn't working. Why wouldn't they use simple scrolling?

And while displaying 200 units works, using "Previous" "Next" buttons isn't working. Or, well, I guess, I'll just have to set aside some time and gradually learn things.

Thanks again for your answers and links to more help.

ArnieT
Ukraine
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Everything works Sep 13, 2013

Sorry about wrong feedback. Everything works as you said. I simply was pressing wrong arrows. But after reading your blog I found what I was doing wrong. Thanks a lot for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating a Trados 2011 memory from translated work

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search